Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

47yo married guy from Canada now living in Houston TX. Gunsmith by trade, sailor by nature, hedonist in my dreams. Moderately overweight with most of my hair and teeth. Crystal blue eyes, a good sense of humour and a bad attitude toward conspicuous consumerism. Quick, able and talented at many of the mechanical arts which is handy as I'm to poor to let other folks do my work for me. Life long sailor. Exlogger and commercial fisherman, die hard thinking environmentalist, wannabe world traveller. I love clear water, warm sun, quiet boats, beautiful women, cold beer, Bookers bourbon and being just who I am.(mostly)

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Dream Sail

I dreamt last night of killer whales,
of killers whales in the moonlight.
On the deck of my boat I did float
among killer whales in the moonlight.

The black and white passed in the night
coursing through the liquid moonbeams
and the fins and the sails of both man and whales
cast back the silvery star sheen.

The smell of the whales, the white of the sails,
the damp salt taste of the night air
the sounds of the sea, and of them and me
and the breeze tingling through my neck hair.

The dream was so real that I can still feel
the wind, see the boat, taste the salt spray
of that moonlit sail with the killer whales
by the light of this mundane workday.

M. Tidswell 11/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home